2013 has been my best year in cycling as I've covered some 6600km. A record. This is peanuts compared to many riders but I'm relatively pleased. I did more individual rides in 2012 but they were shorter. My average ride distance has been 50km.
My best rides have been time trials. The top three are:
1. The 37 mountain time trial at the end August. I was at my fittest and 1.54.45 best my previous PB by twenty minutes.
2. The Melyd 10 on the A55 in early September. I got under 24.
3. The 50 time trial in Cheshire. Great event. I was pleased with 2.17.13
All in all I got 12 PBs.
The toughest three rides were:
1. Cheshire Cat in July. Simply too hot.
2. Wild Wales. Simply too hilly.
3. Hay on Wye to Caerwys the hilly way in a day. Simply a long way with luggage.
It has all been great. To all those that I've shared these rides with a big thank you. I really mean that. A memorable year on the road.