Sunday 17 April 2011

50 miles on the bike.

Traditionally on the Sunday before Easter the North Wales and Chester Cycle Touring Club run a 'Spring Tourist Trial'. The distance is always 50 miles. I have taken part on numerous occasions, but today was perhaps the best. Well over 100 cyclists took part, with groups going out at 5 minute intervals to avoid congestion. The route is from Kinnerton in Flintshire to Overton near Wrexham; it takes in many of the best lanes, crossing the Dee at Farndon and Holt. A beautiful lunch is provided at Overton. There are two target times to complete the ride, either in 4 or 5 hours. Last year I managed to squeeze inside 4 hours (that included lunch). This time I missed by 6 minutes despite almost time trialling my way over the last few miles. Still, I got my certificate with the 5 hour group. It was a wonderful event in perfect weather conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment