Wednesday 1 February 2012

Caerwys in late winter

We are approaching my favourite time of year. As I walked the paths of Caerwys there was a slight sniff of spring (or was it Pippin the dog?). Yes the temperature was around freezing, so it is still very much winter, but the light is subtly different. I took these photographs between 4.40pm (see the church clock if you don't believe me) and 5.10pm.

The timeless view of St Michael's Church; the moon is up.
Looking south west from Caerwys towards Denbigh moors; the interlocking spurs of the Wheeler valley below.

Same direction, but the trees hide the view.

And finally, the view from the first tee on Caerwys golf course. Good shot.

2 comments:

  1. like the sunsets great getting home by 4.30pm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I dashed home purposefully to walk the paths before dark.

      Delete