Saturday 6 October 2012

Autosales




As far as I can recall my close family members only did two jobs: they either taught or sold cars. My first part-time job involved washing and then polishing countless second-hand cars.  My grandad established Autosales in the 60s, and then my uncle soon joined him when he left school. The garage was based in an old farm barn; there was even an ancient set of bellows to serve the blacksmith. Part of the building still stands today. I spent a good part of my youth working there or simply hanging around the garage pretending to be useful. Anyway, last week my uncle who ran the garage until it closed twenty years ago sadly died; my grandad had died many years ago. After the funeral I called into Tesco for some provisions. The car parked next to me had been bought from Autosales judging from the window sticker around 30 years ago. A strange coincidence?

No comments:

Post a Comment