Thursday 24 February 2011

North Wales (half term heaven).

Prior to their Big Weekend last summer Radio One produced a parody of the Alicia Keys song calling it the Empire State of North Wales. As I drove to Bangor today the song was going through my head; there can have been fewer better February days than this! In Bangor B and I walked the length of the pier and had tea and prize winning scones in the cafe at the end. We are very lucky to live in this part of the world.

Me and my shadow on Bangor pier.

The following is an extract from the amusing Empire State of North Wales:
I'm going over to Anglesey, I fancy scampi for my tea
Take the A55 to Bangor City
Or to Prestatyn, Conwy, Rhyl or maybe Abergele
It's all accessible, as long as you have a car
Wave your hands in the air and say 'Bore Da, Bore Da'
I'm in north Wales
Picture postcard scenes on my doorstep
So much I've not seen yet
Yes, I'm in North Wales
This place will make you feel brand new
Fresh air will inspire you
Let's hear it for North Wales

2 comments:

  1. very arty!..hope ye enjoyed the scones..despite b thinking they were lacking in the cream dept

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel waves of homesicknes coming over me!
    We are indeed truly blessed to have somewhere so perfect to call home.

    ReplyDelete