Sunday 28 November 2010

The November snowfields of Caerwys.

This November it seems that I have become obsessed with the weather. In my defence though the weather in the past three weeks has been remarkable, as can be seen in my blogs since November 7th. Just three weeks ago we had a balmy weekend with the leaves still golden on the trees. Last weekend, as I wrote, it was the typical November mists. However this weekend artic snow has fallen on Caerwys. The ITV national news even carried their weather forecasts live from outside the church on Friday. It is the snowiest November for 17 years. My weather station measured minus 7.1 first thing today. Everyone seems to predict that this will be the coldest winter since records began (you can get 10/1 on that from the bookies). I am not predicting anything, but here are some snow photographs that I took earlier today.
Stile leading to Station Woods.

Looking east.
Icy and dangerous pavements - this is where ITV did their outside broadcast on the weather.

2 comments:

  1. It is beautiful though isn't it? Absolutely stunning up here so I shall tire of it if it goes on all winter! Don't reall want any more snow as we can still get the cars down at the moment. Last winter we had a couple of weeks when we had to leave them at the farm and walk down the drive. Sounds like nothing but in the wind and cold and dark, slipping and sliding and falling, it began to get me down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree; I love the warm summer days best by far.

    ReplyDelete