Sunday 10 June 2012

A really useful engine.




This week I shall cease being a really useful engine. For many years my son and daughter have studied either history and politics, or both. We have had countless discussions on the latest political happenings and disagreed over historical interpretations. Yet this week they will both cease to study these subjects and I will cease to be a useful engine. You see, I'm not much good at anything else; aside from judging a decent essay, I have virtually no transferable skills. I was not educated to be of any real use to society, apart from teaching history. I now need to enrol in a night class to learn plumbing or something.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, this makes me sad! Don't worry, read one of my set books and you can still read an essay or two of mine :)

    -Beth

    ReplyDelete