Sunday 3 June 2012

Anglesey Audax

This was number six in my challenge to ride 100km at audax pace in every calendar month of the year, and, the easiest. On a warm day with slight winds the cycling was relatively easy; only poor map-reading prevented a very fast finish. The ride was not without humour (or annoyance, depending on personal view at the time) when I over- relied upon my GPS to guide us through the myriad of lanes to Rhosneigr! It took us across the warren and along a road that had ceased to exist years ago. Still we made it. More poor map-reading and a frozen GPS added many more km to the total than were strictly necessary. Nevertheless, we arrived back not long after 3pm. It was an excellent route (had we followed it) and 108 riders took part. Now for July.

The control at Amlwch and I was there (I don't know what the other guys are doing).

The extended lunch-break in Rhosneigr.

No comments:

Post a Comment