Sunday 27 May 2012

Babies, Bath-Water, and the Pursuit of Excellence.

This week for one reason or another I took some tests to determine what kind of decision-maker I am. I may explain what exactly these tests were about, but at present I just can't decide whether to go public. You see that is the problem: the tests showed me to be a cautious decision-maker. Apparently I like to theorize and consult endlessly before arriving at a conclusion. So if I were to head some organisation it may well become bogged down waiting for guidance from the great leader (me). Should I be worried? Not a bit. I rather like being cautious. Change is a dangerous concept especially when one is dealing with other people's lives. So I'm rather proud of my reticence. I entitled my presentation to those who had charged me to answer the 'decision-making' tests as 'Babies, Bath-Water, and the Pursuit of Excellence'. That about sums it up.

2 comments:

  1. Great title and a sentiment to be proud of; many people spend their professional lives mopping up the messes left by impulsive, decisive types who only ever see one side to a story. Rock on !

    ReplyDelete
  2. wise and considered vs foolish and impulsive

    There's no contest ....

    ReplyDelete