Saturday 12 May 2012

Some Mothers Do Av Em!

To my mind  Michael Crawford who played Frank Spencer in Some Mothers Do Av Em was a comic genius. I recall watching the show and coming close to dying with laughter as he roller skated under that lorry. Anyway, I had my own Frank moment this week. I was researching some health insurance policies (I will blog about this again), basically I was asking for a policy that might include treatment for  pre-existing condition. Not surprisingly no company is likely to offer such a product as it goes against the whole idea of insurance, and I felt silly asking. Afterwards I recalled Frank Spencer in that classic episode where he drove his car to the edge of the cliff; he hung on for dear life while the car tipped forward and back. With Frank then hanging onto the exhaust pipe Betty screamed for guidance: 'what shall I do, Frank'?. 'Call the AA', said her hapless husband . 'But we are not members,' said Betty. 'Tell them we will join,' replied Frank. I felt a little like that.

Tell them we'll join.

No comments:

Post a Comment