Saturday 19 May 2012

My Criccieth Audax

I am just back from another amazing day of cycling. This time it was a 100km+ ride around the Lleyn Peninsular. We rode with a group of ten riders as we doubled the audax with a charitable collection for a local eisteddfod. Fuelled with bacon sandwiches we flew to Aberdaron for morning coffee. The only complication was the 20% hill out of Hells Mouth.
Roger and Robert complete the climb.
Then it was on the very tip of the peninsular and a team photograph with Bardsey Island in the background.

The motley crew.

Before the return journey via Nefyn and Clynnog Fawr we climbed to the highest point over-looking Bardsey Sound.

So all in all a great day. We covered around 117km in around 7 hours. I will try to retain my fitness for the June 100km challenge on Anglesey in a couple of week.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the piccies Tim - I can see those walkers are about to overtake me!

    ReplyDelete