Friday 28 December 2012

My cycling year (#2): time trials.

It was also a year of my return to time trialling. For me it is easily the hardest form of cycling, although I've not tried road racing (yet). Nevertheless I have loved taking part in the races each Tuesday evening and the pint with Nic afterwards where we discussed the results and usually posted them on Facebook. Mind you, the first event - the hill-climb - took place in dreadful conditions; my hands were too cold to change gear.

I managed to at least match the times I did twelve years ago when I last raced. Only in the five mile event did I fail to get a personal best. My best ride was the mid-season hill-climb where I improved my best time by two and a half minutes. So with a new time-trial bike I am looking forward to the new season in April. I would like to further improve times in my last season as a Vet A, in addition I want to do the 37 mile mountain time trial at least once.

The final time trial league table puts me in equal 7th place, not because I am a better rider than those behind, but due to my perseverance in riding the vast majority of races. Thank you to all those that took part and to the organisers for making the events possible.





No comments:

Post a Comment