Sunday 19 December 2010

I'm all lost in a supermarket...

They are the words from a song by the Clash on their 'London Calling' album. Perhaps as we face Christmas shopping many of us feel lost in the supermaket - although they have now become superstores, which sounds even more scary. Before I get to the main point of this (which is not very profound, so don't expect much) I wonder if anyone else is puzzled by the word (s) found in many Tescos and Asdas - 'Instore'. Is that meant to be a joke, or just a play on words. It sounds quite frightening to me...like Bargains Instore! Anyway, although I know supermarkets (or superstores) are an essential part of our modern life, I do like to get my revenge on being made to walk along the everlasting aisles of spending temptations by spotting silly things. Both of these come from Tesco Broughton - though in most respects a fine establishment -  they are prone to blunders such as these:
What kind of bargain is this box of washing powder?
I have already put this on Facebook, but I especially like the Santa outfit being part of the Tesco Nativity range.


No comments:

Post a Comment