Saturday 1 January 2011

Recycling Christmas excess.

By recycling Christmas excess I mean getting on the bike and burning up the calories (does that add to my carbon footprint?) Each year I set a target of 3000km; in 2010 I only got to 2500km. In other years I have done much better. The best ever cycling year was 2000 when I reached 4000 miles. I now no longer ride in miles but prefer kilometres as it seems so much easier to get bigger numbers. Anyway with the good intentions that pervades every January 1st I set off on my bike. Today, as opposed the the arctic weather last year, was mild and wet. I set the computer to zero and pedalled off into the misty gloom. Twenty soggy kilometres later and it was over; soaked to the skin but full of an unjustified self-righteousness that I promise will not last too long.
The km counter set to zero; here we go again.

When the fog lifts...(perhaps a metaphor for New Year's Day).

No comments:

Post a Comment