Sunday 16 January 2011

A serendipitous dinner party...

Last night I went to a very enjoyable dinner party. We were celebrating the 60th birthday of the photyman; TW is a world renowned photographer and he certainly knows some interesting people. During the course of the evening I met several fascinating people. They included a man that lived with Amazonian tribes and took photographs of their medicines for an exhibition; he showed me some of his prints and they were unusual to say the least. Also there was an art student at London's top art college; he had recently been mugged and his iphone taken - before it was reported missing the thief had used to it carry out drug deals in Pakistan and Afghanistan. Another was with a man, with plenty of tales to tell, who had motor cycled around the world. For a while I sat and chatted with a local historian with an encyclopaedic knowledge of the locality. Before I left I even managed to have a conversation with a man who believes he has a Roman fort on his land and is commissioning a geo-physical survey before a dig takes place. Finally, there was TW himself, world renowned photographer and raconteur.

Even Jane Russell was there; I was collecting my coat and hat from the prison cell.




Thank you very much to T, L, and family.

1 comment: