Saturday 12 February 2011

Connah's Quay to Chester cycle path.

The cycle path from Connah's Quay to Chester is well worth riding. Today the conditions for cycling were just about perfect. There was a slight westerly breeze and bright sunshine. The conditions tempted countless other cyclists to turn the pedals perhaps for the first time this year.

Myself on the long straight stretch from Queensferry to Chester.
At Chester V and I had a coffee in Telford's Warehouse and then via the canal towpath to pick up the cycle path through Blacon to the road bridge crossing near RAF Sealand. These cycle routes are extremely popular and are valuable in reducing the cars travelling to and from Chester daily; they also allow families to exercise in safety.

I did today's ride on my fixed wheel bike. In fact of my three machines I use this the most. It has no gears. It also has no free wheel, so even on a relatively short ride I get some decent exercise. It won't do for hilly rides, but it is incredibly light and requires little in the way of maintenace. It has brakes, but they are rarely required as the bike is controlled by the pedals. I would recommend a fixed wheel bike.
What no gears? This type of bike is used on the indoor cycle tracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment