Monday 15 August 2011

Fighting the flab

On May 25th  I began to count calories. As I have noted in earlier blogs, I used an app on my phone called: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/   It allows me to count the calorific value of most foods fairly easily. The program then uses my height and current weight to set the number of calories I should consume each day; at the moment I am allowed 1920.

In addition the program allows to me to increase my daily calorie allowance through exercise. So, for example, if I cycle for an hour (as I did this morning) I gain around 800 calories. Today I have eaten well, including two cakes, one walnut whip, baked potato, burger, new potatoes, and Costa coffee. Oh yes, I nearly forgot, two glasses of wine as well.

I have followed this diet for around 80 days and have lost some 36lbs. I will surely put it all back on as I have done before, but counting calories does seem to work so far.

This amounts to some 13.5% of my body weight as measured in May.


2 comments:

  1. ... and it looks like you are enjoying life as well as loosing pounds!!!!

    ReplyDelete