Tuesday 6 September 2011

Always Everton

I don't know what made me an Everton fan;whatever the cause, it began at an early age. I can remember wanting my room decorated blue and always wanting to be in on a Sunday afternoon to watch the football highlights on Granada. I  can't remember the name of the programme, but Gerald Sinstadt was the presenter. Going through some old family photographs I found this shot of me aged 6 wearing an Everton hat. Supporting a football team is a life-long thing (for better or worse).


2 comments:

  1. Did you see the Guardian article 'Are Stoke and Everton changing places?'. I don't particularly want to see Everton decline, but I'm quite happy for us to swap positions. Though I think we're more like Liverpool: both of us share a scruffy city with a vastly inferior team! Which makes you Port Vale…
    ThankyouverymuchI'mhereallweek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I read that. Don't count your chickens dear Plashing; the last time Everton were written off when Rooney was sold we came 4th. Ever the optimist.

    ReplyDelete