Saturday 28 January 2012

Sports day

The odd thing is that I have never truly left school. One way or another I have been in school since the age 3, if you count playgroup. During that time I have seen a lot of school sports days, and it is usually something I thoroughly enjoy. I came across a photograph of my first experience of Holywell High School sports day, actually this was probably the Holywell Grammar School in perhaps 1966 or 1967. Later in the 1970s I took part myself and was quite successful in the sprint and high jump events.

nani gigantum humeris insidentes: On the shoulders of giants (my Dad).

1 comment:

  1. I left Holywell High School in 1973, my name is Keith Jackson, I've just recently been contacted by Alan Metcalfe who was in the same year as me. We are trying to contact people we knew then, any ideas ?

    My email address is lynkie180@man.net if you come up with anything.

    ReplyDelete