Monday 9 May 2011

AV: a riposte to my critic.

Dear Critic,

In my blog on AV I received a well written, but anonymous criticism. My critic suggested that I might be intentionally misleading people; far from it, mine has been clearly stated case against this 'miserable' electoral  system. Bizarrely my critic defends the rights of Monster Raving Looney supporters to have two votes, when those that support the mainstream parties get just one. Has my critic viewed the Monster Raving Looney party programme: their main policy to combat global warming is to put air conditioning units on the outside of buildings.

Also, dear critic, I have not claimed that AV would benefit racist parties, but it would give many of their supporters two votes. You go on to state that a system of proportional representation is the only fair method of voting; don't get me started on that!

Regards,
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment