Monday 30 May 2011

Manchester in the rain.

Today Steve and I went to Manchester in the rain on the train. The aim was to shop and have a nice lunch. We had a nice lunch, but the shopping part proved fiendishly difficult. There are hundreds of stores in central Manchester yet none of them sold anything useful (apart from the Apple shop, obviously). So despite having money in my pocket I came home with nothing. Nevertheless, lunch in a Japanese restaurant was novel and the train ride fun.

Manchester Piccadilly Railway station.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Tim, how naive to think that shopping is related to usefulness in any way! Very jealous of your visit to an apple store (although my last visit to one of those was mostly based around anger)...and your japanese lunch - I love sushi (and its food I am allowed!) I'm planning on a frontal assault of Liverpool One this week sometime, including a lighting raid on some music shops...we'll see!

    ReplyDelete