Thursday 16 June 2011

Herbert Lewis

I have been researching and writing about Herbert Lewis for over 25 years, but last night was something special. In response to an invitation from the  Flintshire Historical Society, I led a walk in Caerwys around the places identified with Herbert Lewis and his family. Then later we moved on to 'Penucha,' the family home just outside Caerwys, where I spoke on aspects of his political life. Items collected during Lewis' long political career were displayed. For me this was a very memorable evening.

Herbert Lewis 1858-1933

1 comment:

  1. david hanson mp27 June 2011 at 22:21

    Wish I'd been able to come to see one ofthe historical mps of caerwys !! Sounds great and I'm sorry I only found out after the event -hope you are able to come to fridays talk david hanson mp

    ReplyDelete