Friday 28 October 2011

Fighting the flab: an up-date.

The most popular blog I ever did was on an up-date to my super diet. To re-cap, I have been following the regime set by the program: myfitnesspal.com. It has suited my lifestyle, and so far in less than 150 days I have lost some 63 lb.

Each day, as I have said before, the program gives me the allotted number of calories that I can consume; the lighter one gets the fewer calories are available - I started on 2200 per day, so the present total of 1800 is not easy. In W.H.Smiths today I cast my eyes along the magazines aimed at the women's diet market. They all seem to follow a similar format; offering so many reasons to buy that particular magazine, such as ''10 ways to shed those pounds for xmas", or "25 ways to achieve the body you always wanted". The examples are endless, and all equally depressing.

However, not to be out-done, I will offer my own version of how to get rid of unwanted weight. Feel free to ignore this - it is merely  my experience since May based upon myfitnesspal.com:
  • losing weight is simple: eat less, exercise more; weight watchers and slimming word have invented complex means of achieving the same outcome
  • dieting  is painful, so find foods that offer the same buzz without calories: I recommend the following
  1. diet coke or pepsi max
  2. strong coffee
  3. nice tea
  4. gin and diet tonic
  5. vodka and diet tonic
  6. low fat yoghurts
  7. crunchie bars
  8. iced buns
  9. fruit pastilles
  10. various fruit juice based lolly ices
  • exercise: I have cycled endlessly and this has gained me extra calories when I have needed it
  • be honest with myfitnesspal.com; If anything I underestimate what I have eaten
  • take vitamin supplements - it will help your body maintain resistance against bugs
  • avoid buffets
So there it is: follow this advice for the body you have always wanted. That is, of course, nonsense, but losing some weight can only help one feel better.  I feel physically fitter than I have done for 20 years, but losing weight is a bit like seeking gold at end of the rainbow.


No comments:

Post a Comment