Sunday 2 October 2011

A year of inconsequential blogging

This weekend marks the first anniversary of my Blog. I had no idea of how it would develop, or what I would find to write about. Yet in the last twelve months I have written nearly 200 entries, and had almost 12,000 views. I have approached the Blog as though I were writing a series of postcards, with pictures whenever possible. I have tried to avoid putting in internet links; facebook and twitter seem to be the place for that.

Looking back over the year I think that many of the Blogs are nonsense, however I am pleased with a small number of them. My favourite individual blog was from back in January when I wrote a piece entitled 'Aw Bless' in which I criticised the current Boots the Chemist advert for being flippant about men's health. A close second favourite was one from June based upon a news report that I came across on my great grandfather's funeral.

Taken together, they represent a reasonable summary of my life in the last year. Rest assured, I will continue to Blog for a little while yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment